[twdev] [TW5] Pinning tiddlers proposal
James Anderson
2014-10-19 20:16:37 UTC
http://welford.github.io/pinned.html

I wrote this simple example, It lets you use a new View Toolbar to pin
tiddlers to $:/DefaultTiddlers rather than having to edit
$:/DefaultTiddlers manually. It requires a 2 line change to story.js

var PINNED_TAG = "pinned"; //change 0

function openStartupTiddlers(options) {

storyFilter = storyFilter + " [tag["+PINNED_TAG+"]]"; //change 1

// Process the story filter to get the story listvar storyList = $tw.wiki.filterTiddlers(storyFilter);

I think it might be nice to have in the main TW5, rather than as a plugin,
as it provides a quick way for light users to be able to easily pin
anything to the home page without having to know about Default Tiddlers.
Obviously it could be expanded to sort the pinned tiddlers by modified date
or title, but I think it would be nice to keep it as simple as possible.

On a related note: It's kind of awkward to add something like this as a
plugin as it appears after the close tiddlers icon, which seems out of
phase with current GUIs. To get this to appear before it I need to edit
$:/tags/ViewToolbar which is cumbersome to support as a plugin as I want to
keep this up to date with the latest tiddlywiki version. Is there a simpler
way of having it appear before that I am missing?

Thanks,
James
TheDiveO
2014-10-19 21:30:45 UTC
PMario
2014-10-19 22:25:12 UTC
Just add this to your DefaultTiddler

[tag[pinned]]

done!
-m
James Anderson
2014-10-19 22:30:26 UTC
That's not the point though, if someone new user deletes that by accident then they won't know why pinned tiddlers aren't showing. Plus the convenience of having the button is far more user-friendly than editing a text field
PMario
2014-10-19 22:48:42 UTC
Post by James Anderson
That's not the point though, if someone new user deletes that by accident
then they won't know why pinned tiddlers aren't showing. Plus the
convenience of having the button is far more user-friendly than editing a
text field
var PINNED_TAG = "pinned"; //change 0

This is code. Why should I be forced to change the code, if I want to tag
my default tiddlers "default" instead of "pinned".

--------------

Why hard code something, that can be configured already?
There is a button in the ControlPanel, which shows: "retain story ordering"

I'd prefer it, to use a drop down list, that lets me select

[list[$:/StoryList]] ... some descripton
[tag[default]] ... some descripton
[tag[default]sort[created]] ... some descripton
[tag[default]!sort[created]] ... some descripton

The hard coded version can't deal with filter runs. Except you change the
code again :/

-mario
James Anderson
2014-10-19 23:02:48 UTC
That was just as an example. If it were part of the core TW5 You could make
it a system tag like "$:/tags/DefaultTiddlers", there are plenty of other
system specific tags like $:/tags/ViewTemplate which are hard coded.
Eric Shulman
2014-10-20 06:08:54 UTC
Post by James Anderson
That was just as an example. If it were part of the core TW5 You could
make it a system tag like "$:/tags/DefaultTiddlers", there are plenty of
other system specific tags like $:/tags/ViewTemplate which are hard coded.
Actually, while "ViewTemplate" is used in the shadow tiddlers delivered by
the TW core UI, this is purely a matter of convention, and *no where* in
the TW core JS code is "ViewTemplate" hard coded as a literal JS string.
If you wanted to change "ViewTemplate" to "FooBarBazMumbleFrotz", you
could edit a few system tiddlers (not the JS source code!), and that is all
that is needed.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact
James Anderson
2014-10-20 07:55:16 UTC
Fair enough :)

But there are hard coded references to tiddlers such as $:/DefaultTiddlers,
$:/Storytiddler in files such as like story.js

I also think the distinction between of editing a js file being "code" and
editing a tiddler, like $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/story, not being "code" is
going to be lost on casual users. Especially considering that both can be
opened and edited in the same way in TW5.

Having a mechanism where thing written in "$:/DefaultTiddlers" show up when
you start the page, as do things tagged, for example,
"$:/tags/DefaulTiddlers" is, I feel, (almost) perfectly in keeping with how
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FViewTemplate> & /$:/tags/ViewTemplate
works or any of the toolbars etc...

Currently, knowing how to pin something to the home involves either writing
an esoteric filter and then manually tagging things, or copying out
tiddlers titles to $:/DefaultTiddlers. Which is fine for power users, but
not as elegant and easily understood as just pressing a
pin/starred/favourited button on a tiddlers you are currently reading.
James Anderson
2014-10-20 08:19:17 UTC
Also, just to be clear. The sample i made was created in about 30 minutes &
the tag icon was stolen from a Google image search, it was more of a proof
of concept than a final submission :)
PMario
2014-10-20 07:40:05 UTC
Hi James,

To be fair, I like the idea, to make it more convenient for users to "pin"
tiddlers.
But we already have the possibility without changing the source code.

So what I'd like to have is something similar to the $:/AdvancedSearch:
Filter tab.
Where you have a dropdown that shows some preconfigured filters.

A similar *user extendable* thing imo would be useful for $:/ControlPanel:
DefaultTiddler configuration.

The pin icon for me would use a bit less color but as I said. I like the
idea.

-m
Ton Gerner
2014-10-20 08:29:53 UTC
Hi,

I like the idea of a single button to pin tiddlers, especially for new
users.
On the other hand the dropdown list in ControlPanel would be handy for
power users. AFAIK this was once discussed in a Hangout.

Post by James Anderson
plugin as it appears after the close tiddlers icon, which seems out of
phase with current GUIs. To get this to appear before it I need to edit
$:/tags/ViewToolbar which is cumbersome to support as a plugin as I want to
keep this up to date with the latest tiddlywiki version. Is there a simpler
way of having it appear before that I am missing?
Instead of editing the $:/tags/ViewToolbar you can use a field list-before
or list-after in your $:/plugins/welford/pin/button.

Cheers,

Ton
Post by James Anderson
Thanks,
James
James Anderson
2014-10-26 07:40:30 UTC
I have updated and cleaned up the plugin a bit if anyone wants to use it. I
still think a "core" version of this would be preferable to a plugin as
it's intuitive for beginners.

Code:
https://github.com/welford/twpin

Example:
http://welford.github.io/pinned.html

Pinned tiddlers are listed after what is in $:/DefaultTiddlers. They are
ordered by the modification date field. The thought behind this was that
the most recently pinned/edited thing appearing at the top would be most
natural for a new user.

In place of the borrowed pin image I originally used I have created two new
pin svgs which fit in with the look of TW5. Feel free to use them in
anything else without asking permission.

Thanks,

James
Post by James Anderson
plugin as it appears after the close tiddlers icon, which seems out of
phase with current GUIs. To get this to appear before it I need to edit
$:/tags/ViewToolbar which is cumbersome to support as a plugin as I want to
keep this up to date with the latest tiddlywiki version. Is there a simpler
way of having it appear before that I am missing?
Instead of editing the $:/tags/ViewToolbar you can use a field list-before
or list-after in your $:/plugins/welford/pin/button.
Cheers,
Ton
Post by James Anderson
Thanks,
James
James Anderson
Ton Gerner
2014-10-26 09:27:14 UTC
Hi James,

As I wrote earlier: "I like the idea", so I installed your plugin to see
how useful it is for me in daily practice.

Besides, nice pin icons.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe something for [1]?

Cheers,

Ton

[1] http://twguides.org/customizer.html
Post by James Anderson
plugin as it appears after the close tiddlers icon, which seems out of
phase with current GUIs. To get this to appear before it I need to edit
$:/tags/ViewToolbar which is cumbersome to support as a plugin as I want to
keep this up to date with the latest tiddlywiki version. Is there a simpler
way of having it appear before that I am missing?
Instead of editing the $:/tags/ViewToolbar you can use a field
list-before or list-after in your $:/plugins/welford/pin/button.
Cheers,
Ton
Post by James Anderson
Thanks,
James
James Anderson
2014-10-26 12:40:10 UTC
I think there might be a less obtrusive way of doing this. Less obtrusive
than adding a tag and updating the modified time of any tiddler.

Has a list field on the $:/DefaultTidder to which we append to the front
any tidder that is pinned, and remove any tiddler that is unpinned.
Post by James Anderson
plugin as it appears after the close tiddlers icon, which seems out of
phase with current GUIs. To get this to appear before it I need to edit
$:/tags/ViewToolbar which is cumbersome to support as a plugin as I want to
keep this up to date with the latest tiddlywiki version. Is there a simpler
way of having it appear before that I am missing?
Instead of editing the $:/tags/ViewToolbar you can use a field
list-before or list-after in your $:/plugins/welford/pin/button.
Cheers,
Ton
Post by James Anderson
Thanks,
James
Danielo Rodríguez
2014-10-26 19:11:59 UTC
Hello James

Personally I don't see the need of pin tiddlers, using default tiddlers plus tags is good enough for me. Anyway, having the ability to customize TW to everyone's liking is one of its strongest features.

BTW I only wanted to say that I love how your TW is displayed on my mobile phone. The top bar is very handy and non intrusive. Maybe I miss a couple of buttons. Is the sidebar hidden always or just on mobile?
James Anderson
2014-10-26 20:00:37 UTC
Thanks, I had mobile in mind for some TW5 apps that I am making. the
sidebar hides below a certain screen width.

I have an updated version that hides the page name too, so there is more
space for the toolbar and search on phones.
Danielo Rodríguez
2014-10-26 23:22:22 UTC
Can I know which kind of applications are you building around tiddlywiky? Do you think in sharing your customizations? I know you have a page with a couple of Tiddlers. Is there more? I'm very interested in any application built on top of tiddlywiky and specially in mobile environment.

Regards.
James Anderson
2014-11-02 19:22:53 UTC
James Anderson
2014-11-02 19:29:17 UTC
That should read i had a bit of trouble with the filters. They work as they
are now, i am just not too sure on the need to [all] in one and [is] in the
other.
Post by James Anderson
http://welford.github.io/pinned2.html
A new version which does what I previously mentioned: Using the list field
of $:/DefaultTiddlers as not to created any unwanted duplicate data or
update the modified field of any tiddler you wish to pin.
For this plugin the button widget has 2 new parameters for the
tm-add-field message (both in place of setTo) "appendFront" and "remove"
which append data to the front of a field and removes and entry from a
field respectively.
story.js has been modified to look at the list field of $:/DefaultTiddlers
and append and tiddlers appearing in the field but not in the parsed body.
I have a bit of trouble getting the filters to do what i wanted without
using tags.
<$list filter="[all[current]]-[list[$:/DefaultTiddlers]]">
This is what i ended up with for catching tiddlers that were not already
pinned, it doesn't work for system tiddlers (like control panel) when using
is[current] instead of all[current], if anyone could tell me why i'd love
to know
<$list filter="[list[$:/DefaultTiddlers]is[current]]">
And this catched tiddlers that are already pinned, but again (if
inversely) all[current] did not work correctly for system tiddlers like
control panel. Any help on clearing up why would be appreciated.
Thanks,
James
Jeremy Ruston
2014-11-03 16:57:54 UTC
Hi James

Post by James Anderson
are now, i am just not too sure on the need to [all] in one and [is] in the
other.
"is" acts as a filter, filtering the currently selected tiddlers according
to its operands. "all" acts as a generator, ignoring the currently selected
tiddlers, and just generating tiddler titles according to its operands.

Best wishes

Jeremy
mailto:***@gmail.com
Jeremy Ruston
2014-11-03 17:01:30 UTC
Hi James

I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pinned2.html
ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow tiddler JS modules
"story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy for a production
plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally, we'd work together
to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js. Failing that, I think
it would be helpful for end users to give a very clear warning that the
plugin will not work through future core upgrades.

Best wishes

Jeremy
Hi James
--
Jeremy Ruston
mailto:***@gmail.com
James Anderson
2014-11-03 20:12:08 UTC
Hello Jeremy,

Thanks you for your reply and for clearing up the difference between is and
all filters,

I understand that the plugin in it's current form is not suited for
upgrades at all. For this to work as an reliable plugin I need a way to
append to the default tiddlers in story.js on startup or when the home
button is pressed (which i currently don't do). I think $:/DefaultTidders
list field is well suited to this (unless there is some unknown use for it
that I am unaware of). I also need a way to add custom messages to buttons,
though this is not as important as it could be also be it's own custom
button and work just as well.

Ideally however, I think this functionality would be good to have in the
core and I don't mind cleaning this up and making a pull request for it.
Opinion here seems divided (biased though I am, I'd say that the average
person here was more inclined to know programming and don't see the barrier
for those not in the know :) ) I think that 2nd version is very unobtrusive
and easily ignored for those that do not like the idea)

Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pinned2.html
ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow tiddler JS modules
"story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy for a production
plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally, we'd work together
to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js. Failing that, I think
it would be helpful for end users to give a very clear warning that the
plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
Jeremy Ruston
2014-11-03 21:13:42 UTC
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
I'm not in favour of adding it to the core at this point. I'd prefer to get
more usage and feedback from the community as a plugin. Part of the reason
is that I can imagine a few different ways of handling a tiddler "pin"
button - for example, to be able to pin tiddlers to a different story
tiddler so that they show up in a separate column for reference. Or pinning
tiddlers to a new title list in the sidebar. This is quite a high level
behaviour change and so I think it's is best handled through a plugin to
encourage experimentation (once it's in the core it would be frozen).

Anyhow, I think we'd only need one core change which is to update story.js
so that external modules get a chance to change the default tiddlers before
they are used.

I think you can avoid customising the button widget by using the new
action-sendmessage widget to send a message with parameters.

By the way, the highlight plugin seems to be misbehaving for me on your
site. For example:

http://welford.github.io/pinned2.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmodules%2Fstartup%2Fstory.js

I couldn't see anything obvious that might cause the problem, have you any
idea?

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pinned2.html
ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow tiddler JS modules
"story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy for a production
plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally, we'd work together
to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js. Failing that, I think
it would be helpful for end users to give a very clear warning that the
plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-11-03 21:22:33 UTC
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have no
idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,

I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.

Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/
pinned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
Jeremy Ruston
2014-11-03 21:26:28 UTC
Hi James

No, the code highlighting is completely wrong in the JS tiddler I linked
to. Very strange.

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have no
idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-11-03 21:38:22 UTC
http://welford.github.io/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fmodules%2Fstartup%2Fstory.js

The same issue appears on my older webpage too. Will investigate this later.
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have no
idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-11-05 22:55:10 UTC
http://welford.github.io/pinned3.html

I got the actionwidget thing working, very nice.

Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,

thanks,
James
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have no
idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
Jeremy Ruston
2014-11-06 16:46:43 UTC
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
I got the actionwidget thing working, very nice.
Great..
Post by James Anderson
Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,
I'm thinking of introducing a new general purpose "hooking" mechanism.
You'd register a hook for altering the default tiddlers something like this:

$tw.hooks.addHook("th-opening-default-tiddlers-list",function(list) {
list.push("Another tiddler");
return list;
});

I've created a ticket here:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1064

Best wishes

Jeremy
Post by James Anderson
thanks
,
James
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have no
idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-12-06 14:44:01 UTC
http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html

A newer version is now here :)

It uses the hooking mechanism so should be usable even after upgrading. It
also has an option which lets you set whether the pinned tiddlers will
appear before or after the DefaultTiddlers.

Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,
I'm thinking of introducing a new general purpose "hooking" mechanism.
$tw.hooks.addHook("th-opening-default-tiddlers-list",function(list) {
list.push("Another tiddler");
return list;
});
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1064
Best wishes
Jeremy
Post by James Anderson
thanks
,
James
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have
no idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
Thanks, I had mobile in mind for some TW5 apps that I am
making. the sidebar hides below a certain screen width.
I have an updated version that hides the page name too, so
there is more space for the toolbar and search on phones.
cmari
2014-12-06 16:43:29 UTC
Hi James,
I can't weigh in on the technicalities, but I do use this button so I have
a couple of notes about the trivialities:
1. Perhaps you could add a note at your site about how to install? (also,
perhaps, a note about removing previous versions? I had to manually delete
the previous version before dragging in the new one - otherwise I had two
pins on the toolbar).
2. Because of what was already in my stylesheet, the pins showed up in pale
gray on my toolbar. If the images each had a unique class (I added
tc-image-pinned-button), the color could be customized by the user.

I like the option of quick pinning - thanks!
cmari
Post by James Anderson
http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html
A newer version is now here :)
It uses the hooking mechanism so should be usable even after upgrading. It
also has an option which lets you set whether the pinned tiddlers will
appear before or after the DefaultTiddlers.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,
I'm thinking of introducing a new general purpose "hooking" mechanism.
$tw.hooks.addHook("th-opening-default-tiddlers-list",function(list) {
list.push("Another tiddler");
return list;
});
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1064
Best wishes
Jeremy
Post by James Anderson
thanks
,
James
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have
no idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-12-06 17:29:52 UTC
Hi cmari,

Regarding your first point, the first 3 versions were hacks and
incompatible with the newest one. I will add a note on how to remove the
older versions. From now on it should be a simple case of dragging and
dropping the plugin link.

And I have made some changes for your second point: I've added
tc-image-pinned-button and tc-image-unpinned-button incase someone wants to
differentiate by style the pinned and unpinned states.

see: http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html

Thanks for the feedback,
James
Post by James Anderson
http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html
A newer version is now here :)
It uses the hooking mechanism so should be usable even after upgrading.
It also has an option which lets you set whether the pinned tiddlers will
appear before or after the DefaultTiddlers.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,
I'm thinking of introducing a new general purpose "hooking" mechanism.
$tw.hooks.addHook("th-opening-default-tiddlers-list",function(list) {
list.push("Another tiddler");
return list;
});
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1064
Best wishes
Jeremy
Post by James Anderson
thanks
,
James
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I have
no idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core shadow
tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good strategy
for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade. Ideally,
we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and button.js.
Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give a very
clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi James
James Anderson
2014-12-21 21:29:47 UTC
I won't keep post updates here after this but I have updated the plugin to
fixed some spacing issues with the pinning icons
http://welford.github.io/pinned4.1.html
<http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html>

Further updates will be on http://welford.github.io/

Post by James Anderson
http://welford.github.io/pinned4.html
A newer version is now here :)
It uses the hooking mechanism so should be usable even after upgrading.
It also has an option which lets you set whether the pinned tiddlers will
appear before or after the DefaultTiddlers.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
Nowi just need a hook into story.js. Any ideas or plans on how you are
going to do this? I have some free time coming up and might be able to give
it a go,
I'm thinking of introducing a new general purpose "hooking" mechanism.
$tw.hooks.addHook("th-opening-default-tiddlers-list",function(list) {
list.push("Another tiddler");
return list;
});
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1064
Best wishes
Jeremy
Post by James Anderson
thanks
,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
No, the code highlighting is completely wrong in the JS tiddler I
linked to. Very strange.
Best wishes
Jeremy.
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:22 PM, James Anderson <
Post by James Anderson
You mean the spacing that is added throughout the code block? I
have no idea, that is the first time I have noticed it,
I'll take a look at action-sendmessage when i have some time.
Thanks,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
Post by James Anderson
[...]
Post by James Anderson
Thanks again,
James
Post by PMario
Hi James
I just noticed that your example at http://welford.github.io/pi
nned2.html ships with updated versions of two of the core
shadow tiddler JS modules "story.js" and "button.js". That's not a good
strategy for a production plugin as it will not withstand a core upgrade.
Ideally, we'd work together to get the hooks you need in story.js and
button.js. Failing that, I think it would be helpful for end users to give
a very clear warning that the plugin will not work through future core
upgrades.
Best wishes
Jeremy
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Jeremy Ruston <
Hi James